These readings have been compiled by the creators of this site so that those who wish to learn more about the important topics, subjects, groups, and individuals discussed in the Oregon School Case website. There are additional resources available to researches, this list is intended as a start.
- Bennet, David H. The Party of Fear: From Nativist Movements to the New Right in American History. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 1988.
- Buetow, Harold A. Of Singular Benefit: The Story of Catholic Education in the United States. New York: Macmillan, 1970.
- Greeley, Andrew M. An Ugly Little Secret: Anti-Catholicism in North America. Kansas City: Sheed, Andrews and McMeel, 1997.
- Higham, John. Strangers in the Land: Patterns of American Naitivism 1860-1925. New York: Atheneum, 1985.
- Jackson, Kenneth T. The Ku Klux Klan in the City, 1915-1930. Chicago: I. R. Dee, 1992.
- Jorgenson, Lloyd P. "The Oregon School Law of 1922: Passage and Sequel" in Catholic Historical Review 54 (October 1968): 455-466.
- Kauffman, Christopher J. Patriotism and Fraternalism in the Knights of Columbus: A History of the Fourth Degree. New York: Crossroad Pub. Co., 2000.
- Preston, Jr., William. Aliens & Dissenters: Federal Suppression of Radicals, 1903-1933. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1963.
- Shelley, Thomas J. "The Oregon School Case and the National Catholic Welfare Conference" in Catholic Historical Review 75 (July 1989): 439-457.
- Tyack, David B. "The Perils of Pluralism: The Background of the Pierce Case" in American Historical Review 74 (October 1968): 74-98.